Help Rev 3 250

p3rk87

Just went to see a rev 3 250 2003 to buy it started up on choke warmed her up after turning choke off it would cut out tried riding her but every time I would give a little throttle it would die (maybe fuel)and also wen put it in gear the clutch was slipping so don't no what to do if it's some thing simple is it worth having thanks

Most likely a carb clean and a set of clutch plates would fix it.How much is it?Does it still look loved or neglected?Ask the owner how long he's had it and what his maintenance schedule is,I'm guessing not good or he would fix it before sale .Take a knowledgeable mate with you if you go any further

The bike looks really clean to be fair and what I did notice that the fuel tap just spun all away around now on mine it's on and off he's asking 1100 for it and when I reved it I would get a slight nock from the engine thanks

The knocking could be a little pre detonation, they don't really like 95 octane fuel, then again it could be a worn engine.

As stated, when they fail to idle with the choke off, it's usually a blocked pilot jet and a clean should sort it.

Clutch slip could be that someone has over adjusted the lever, but again there could be worn plates or other issues.

It makes a change from the usual story of unsuspecting viewers slamming them in gear when the clutch sticks, then ending up in a hedge three gardens away!

From what's written, the 2003 wasn't the best model.

A lot of owners felt the front to back balance had been altered, how true this is I don't know, I skipped a few years and went from 2001 to 2007.

You don't get much for your money anymore, but with a possible engine issue, it'd need to be cheaper for me.

You won't get any change out of £300 to rebuild the top end if it's needed, throw in another £50 for a clutch and that's doing it yourself, with a few other odds and sods you're looking at the sort of money decent 07's and 08's go for.

Edited by goudrons