Spark Arrestors

1973tr6

In the land of rain? We have always had to have them. But we are more likely to have fire than rain. Get one of the ones from the us suppliers and just make an adapter to fit. The older us models were stamped spark arrestor, but were never  approved. That might be your best bet, since it bolts on.

Vic, the best bet would be to cut out the two pipes on the clubfoot and weld in

a single outlet to accommodate an after market approved spark arrestor.

With the reverse flow of the clubfoot , never seen any sparks, unlike the straight

thru of modern bikes.

Larry

I didn't want to cut and weld on the stock exhaust if I could help it. Maybe I could get a banana exhaust with the single outlet and keep the clubfoot stock ???  Lineaway, what do the guys with stock clubfoot exhausts do in your area ?

You could do this. Or if your club foot says spark arrestor like Saw Miller`s post your good. In the USA they officially have to be US forestry approved which costs lots of bucks for testing. (Bultaco tried just stamping them without the testing)  So it depends how sensible a law it is. Should just need a mesh screen that meets being small enough. bultaco%20013_zpskdcrgozt.jpg