What Did You Do To Your Bultaco Today?

scot taco

Just thought I,d try to start a new thread where people could show what they have been working on to keep these great bikes alive and well or even improved.

I,ve been working on my brothers bike and had troubles with the rear motor mount that I posted in another thread.The repair job that Larry (lbhbul) did to the motor mount has it in and the swingarm tight with nice free movement.I had to make a mudflap for the new airbox and was nervous about drilling holes for it and for the rubber boot to carb mounting plate.

I haven,t been able to work on it too much,but here is whats been done so far with hopefully more progress this weekend.

Edited by scot taco
  • Like 2

Added a few shiny bits that Larry, lbhbul, turned for me on the lathe. Bar ends to help keep your grips from tearing when you drop the bike. Kick start rubber retainer. Wheel spacer. Tank mount rubber and washer. Foot peg bushings.

post-20122-0-70975000-1429791797_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hello saw miller and scot taco good thread to the kick start rubber that's a great idea iv'e tryed  a few things to keep that rubber on and as not worked. however on my 199B kick start it as a flange on the end to stop the rubber coming off but your idea is good. scot the Air box is looking good i know what you mean about drilling holes in the Air box i was the same but done a few now i put a small washer on both sides. cheers bondy.

• Like 1

scot this is a 199A that am restoring the Engine as been strip cleaned and painted ready for rebuild. also am using 198B forks and yokes on this build the forks are being machined out to take modern seals then off to the paint shop the frame and hubs should be back with is soon from paint. the frame is a 198A in silver red 159 Air box red tank ect. will post photos soon.bondy also i had new studs made.

• Like 3

post-14329-0-39574800-1429819198_thumb.jpgJust messing about in the shop and remembered a thing or two

that might be of interest to the fellows.

Ignition waterproofing perhaps.

One way is to use the easily obtainable OEM rubber gizmo and RTV sealer,

a piece 1/4 copper tube and fuel line to house the hot & ground.

The other is custom and I sent 5 to 1974 SSDT in hopes they would get back

to the factory, never heard from again.

Have a nice day

Larry

post-14329-0-07163600-1429819231_thumb.jpg

Edited by lbhbul
  • Like 2

Nice post and pics everyone.I,m hoping this thread will help put some good how to ideas out there like these opost did and I just like to see what eveyone is riding.

Saw Miller,Larry does darn nice work.Those are the kind of little details that really make a bike.I will have to post a pic of my kickstart rubber tomorrow.It,s functional but not near as nice.

bondy,I hope you post pics of that bike in red as it,s coming along and when finished.Your bikes always end up looking superb.Where did you get that bashplate? I like the way it protects the mag cover.

Larry,I,m going to get after the ignition wire cover this weekend.Thanks for the idea.

About the only thing I have to post are my Ace Hardware steering stops.

• Like 2

Hello scot yes ill keep you all updated with the bike as it comes along. the bash plate is from spain a place called todotrials look it up. i think there around 67 euros iv'e had a few on my bikes but the bike am building as a standard bash plate. cheers bondy, Larry good idea on the ignition gizmo i just sealed my 199B 1 with silicon. but on the next bike it will have electric ignition single thin wire so i will use some tubing to protect it. nice job scot on the steering stops i did my own on last bike had to make them abit longer as the fork tubes was catching the nice new ally tank about 2m

Edited by bondy

cleaned the 199b side stand got the brown glue off. also few options on the S/Arm for my next build. also the 198A frame and S/Arm are in the paint shop so not sure may use the 198B S/Arm 

Edited by bondy
  • Like 1

The kickstand looks good bondy.The one on my A model is a straight one and I think I,m going to use an idea that I saw on another post and make a curved one from an old handlebar.

I guess if I had a choice I,d go with the square B model swingarm,just looks better IMO.

Cheers, Scott

P.S. Forgot to add,the 198A turned out really nice!

Edited by scot taco
  • Like 1