What Did You Do To Your Bultaco Today?

scot taco

That is really nice. Well done.

On my current  M80 I could not get on with the rear triangle silencer as I kept touching this with my heel/boot bending it inward and causing this to foul the tyre. In fact it seems to restrict foot/leg movement and also far to easily clog with mud so soon got removed.  Most period photos I have do not have this part fitted. Any body else had any experience of this?

My original model 80 that I had back in the late 70's had a Sammy Miller aluminum exhaust as shown in Ralph blog early photographs. Mine also had a small cylindrical unit fitted after the main silencer. I would prefer to have my bike with the Sammy Miller exhaust as that was what I had when I started riding all those years ago. I keep looking on ebay in hope.

Stuart

Edited by twinnshock
  • Like 2

Most folk dumped the triangular box as, being baffled, it was felt to restrict performance. The small cylindrical one was a Sammy Miller item designed to fit on the standard silencer tailpipe. There was a similar one for the earlier high level exhaust model. I think I still have an M80 one somewhere.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments guys. Yeah I'm quite sure the back box was the first thing most people took off. The alloy mudguards couldn't have lasted long either. I still have the Miller silencer box from the old photos but its split and the insides fell out of it many years ago.

Thanks for the comments guys. Yeah I'm quite sure the back box was the first thing most people took off. The alloy mudguards couldn't have lasted long either. I still have the Miller silencer box from the old photos but its split and the insides fell out of it many years ago.

Now that I think of it I have a pair of mudguards too. Perhaps I need to find a frame and motor.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

• 3 months later...