New 2015 Jgas Factory Photos And Information

gasgas249uk

JGas are still making Trials bikes down in their Girona factory . In my opinion this wont change. 

I was at the JGas factory 2 weeks ago and thought you might like to see the photos.

Ive been to factory a few times now since 2012 and nothing has changed from the times ive been there previously. They are still building Trial bikes and sending them out in crates to their importers.

There are still the same number of employees there assembling bikes and doing other tasks as youd expect. Nothing has changed.

They are working on other projects as well , such as the enduro bike......but it all takes time and they're not rushing it.

Trials bikes and motorcycles generally are very close to the heart of the boss of JGas who was the joint founder and boss of GasGas . He lives and breathes motorcycles and is obsessed by them. Trials and enduro bikes are very close to his heart.

JGas is just a small operation making very special bikes in small numbers. Its surprising and somewhat strange for many people to understand why he isnt scaling up production and shelling them out like peas ......but the owner of JGas is involved with other businesses and is a busy guy and JGas demands time.He likes to be involved in everything.

This is his project and he's quite happy with things as they are.

I do think there will be an increase in Trials bike production next year with the 2016 model to get the bikes out in the number that is required. The 2016 bike features a number of refinements and improvements.

He has received UK importer offers and is considering them.

I dont know the ins and outs of what Jack Shepard is doing , but from what i see on the internet he is doing Trials display shows , having fun in the hills with his mates and riding National Spanish Trials.

Soooo. JGas will be back in the UK. The bike deserves to be  :)

Sorry about blurry photos 

20150401_164251_zpscpxmfkxa.jpg

20150401_164320_zpskhkkhh4c.jpg

20150401_164242_zpsutcr8ibi.jpg

20150401_164344_zps8khddx1e.jpg

• Like 2

That's more of a shed than a factory to me,a deeply flawed business model too I'd say.

What like the hugely successful Gas Gas? Personally I hope they make it but the future of the Industry is to be More cottage than large scale. Lets face facts  aside from Montesa nobody has the money to burn and a small operation making a profit stands a better chance these days given the nature of the Trials market and the fickle ambitions of the FIM.

• Like 1

I love it that these are hand built in limited numbers. Any commercial business is expected to continuously grow, if the owner is satisfied without the pressure of having to grow quickly then all the better.

Reminds me of the new nortons a few years back.

Edited by smelling123
  • Like 2

It doesnt make a jot of difference whether its cottage industry or big scale production, what matters is the profitability from a product that sells produced from a factory the appropriate size.

From the picture of the shed above I'd say they've got more chance of making the numbers work than GG.

BUT turning this completely on its head if they can make it work why cant we here in the UK?

• Like 1

What like the hugely successful Gas Gas? Personally I hope they make it but the future of the Industry is to be More cottage than large scale. Lets face facts  aside from Montesa nobody has the money to burn and a small operation making a profit stands a better chance these days given the nature of the Trials market and the fickle ambitions of the FIM.

Did I say GasGas had a good business model?No there's is even worse.

As someone who has come back to trials from road racing I am amazed by the current trials market.It is tiny compared to what it used to be and the modus of most new brands seems to be bring out some untested poor quality bike that looks nice and sort things out at a later date.

My point is who is going to buy a bike from a small manufacturer that clearly does not have money for R&D and seemingly cares not for their customers,I would have zero confidence buying from them.

Did I say GasGas had a good business model?No there's is even worse.

As someone who has come back to trials from road racing I am amazed by the current trials market.It is tiny compared to what it used to be and the modus of most new brands seems to be bring out some untested poor quality bike that looks nice and sort things out at a later date.

My point is who is going to buy a bike from a small manufacturer that clearly does not have money for R&D and seemingly cares not for their customers,I would have zero confidence buying from them.

So which are the untested poor quality bikes?

Some of you guys are getting the idea. 

Who the heck would make a trials bike and hope to make money ?

Only the passionate often blinded by passion. !!!!.

Of course it's a real small factory . It has to be , to keep overheads low .It makes sense to keep over heads low. 

Imagine how many bikes GG have to sell to make ends meet each month . That huge factory doesn't run itself. 

It's completely unfair and shows great naivety to compare Japanese manufactures with Spanish trials companies. I mean. ... What freeking planet are you on ?. I've never read such stupid posts..... but then you ride a Honda ... so you'd never understand. 

Anyway JGAS ... like all Spanish Trials manufacturers are doing their absolute best. ...... even if they have put the fork stickers on the wrong way around lol 

James you are at least right in that there's no money in it so perhaps Vertigo have some chance as that looks like a rich mans folly which is fine and they are actually testing it instead of selling a POS that's untested.

I ride a Honda it's quality is miles ahead of the ***** the Spanish knock out,as a betting man I'd be happy to bet you 100k JG are not around in 5 years time.

Christ !. The new boy even knows my name. What a bundle fun he is - not.

Not so new i bet.

Most of us choose a bike based upon many factors. These include performance , reliability , light weight , styling ,pedigree and more.

It's clear that all your interested in is reliability. Christ that's boring. So you've got a walker plate that'll do 100,000 miles. Whoooopie do.We could all but one as well. ..... but we don't.

Your on the wrong forum. Don't come on here slagging off our beliefs.I dont give a rats back side if Spanish bikes are less reliable that Japanese bikes. I buy them because I love them.You see its passion. Something you don't understand .

Go back to Road racing and save your breath.

I can see you on a bandit . Parts are cheap. ... they're very reliable.... Have pretty good handling... but oh ..... they're bl@@dy boring lol.

• Like 3

I reckon Piebernat has it about right, much easier to keep control of a small enterprise. I also think he has so much experience of making trials type engines he does not need much R & D. Nice wide gasket faces on the engine for example.

Why can't we do it in Britain?  Several have tried (Armstrong, Hiro, CCM etc) but for some reason never sold in economic quantities. Spain probably has developed a cluster of competent parts supplies and expertise in the Barcelona area as well as necessary import contacts, bit like Oxford / Silverstone corridor is Heart of F1 engineering.

I could pretty well source all the parts to build a trials bike within 40 miles of where I live and certainly within the UK or readily imported but the engine design and development costs would be the major obstacle. 

Perhaps someone could persuade Triumph to make a 250 4T engine that could have easy variants for Trials, Trail, Enduro, Commuters and Scooters

• Like 1

If you think a 4t can do enduro and trial it explains alot.

The some reason hiro armstrong etc didnt sell was lots of reasons notably they werent as good as spanish/italian makes. But as components are all the same except frame and engine there is more scope now surely?

It's possible to develop and build a bike in the UK. For example Hope could do a pretty good job of designing the frame and other bits, Brakes and Suspension seem easy enough to Source. Al Melling could develop the engine and box. The problem is finding someone with the money and enthusiasm. In the UK most companies are setup in order to be sold. You will never see a startup with money from speculator's as there isn't a big enough market to carry it. look at Triumph. The guy had to start it up using his own money.