Hello From Devon!

hario

Hi all,

Ive been visiting these forums for information for years, and thought i should finally sign up!

I live in Devon, England, and have been trail riding for years. I find myself enjoying the more technical riding more and more these days and so have decided to try and get into trials riding.

I use a Suzuki DR350 for trail riding and have had it for about 5 years now, but recently picked up a MK3 Gas Gas Pampera 250 im fixing up in the hope of using it for trail riding, starting out in long distance trials and hopefully beginner trials too.

Thanks,

Hario

Edited by hario

Hi Hario

Welcome to the best keep secret that we call trials, you will be well served in Devon for the choice of trials to ride, you could ride almost every weekend and quite often on Saturday and Sunday and even mid week in the evenings during the summer.

Within South Devon the West of England Club run an easy chapionship with 3 or 4 levels of "easy" depending on your perspective of Easy.

Thanks for pointing me toward West Of England MC, i will have a look at their events.

Do you think my Pampera is up to the task, and would be allowed at events? Its not strictly speaking a trials bike.

Also i was wondering is it generally prudent to spectate at a couple of trials before entering one, or should i just go for it?

Thanks

The next club trial is on the 20th of May (Wednesday evening) either come along for a look or contact the club secretarie and ask about entering, you can sign up for your licence on the day (I think) and join the club if you want to ride.

The club does run a class for enduro style bikes at some of their events but give them a ring.

I know the pamp is a very popular LDT bike, i was hoping that with trials tires and with its trials engine it would be accepted into "proper" beginner trials events as a trials bike. I know i would be at a competative disadvantage with the extra 20 or 30kgs but competing isnt a major aim for me right now.

I suppose the thing to do is just ask the organising clubs, im probably not the first.

Thanks for the heads up on the 20th jfc, i think i will drop by and watch to get a feel for things.

• 2 weeks later...