'15 Sherco 300 Rear Shock

heffergm

Anyone have a new-ish Sherco and care to comment on the rear shock? It seems to me that it blows through the stroke way too easily (or at least I certainly feel it more than I did on the beta when it bottoms). I weight 145lbs, maybe 150 with gear (~68kg), and I'm not riding anything remotely serious, which is why the fact that its so soft seems odd to me.

The preload looks about right, as I've got ~2 inches of sag (with me on it). I'd try adjusting the compression, but I haven't got the first clue how anyone expects to get a screwdriver remotely close to the shock without pulling it out of the bike.

Edited by heffergm

Not sure any help here. On my 12 bike with standard shock, adjuster screw is on top and pointed toward the right rear of the bike.

Removal of the splash guard between the muff and tank(one screw) allows access to the adjuster via a long screwdriver.

The screw defiantly effects rebound damping speed but may effect compression as well, not sure.

Hope that helps.