Ossa Gone Bit Rough?

imexian

Hi TC OSSA riders,

Went out Saturday for quick praccy with son on TR280 all good nice and smooth power, went great, rode trial Sunday three quarters of way through, engine got very noisy, finished ok.

Fired up when back, noisy, tried later today, (Monday) noisy! went round my mechanic to ask about it, seemed a lot quieter??

He said sounds good, i rode it, but not right, i can tell!! let him have a ride he agreed, says could be loose crank end nut??

anyone shed any light on this? it seems sort of rough, not as smooth as it was, course feeling??

Never felt like it would stall before, but now does??

Ideas??

Ian

I think main bearings or big end is a fair bet. Loose nuts tend to give a more defined clack or knock rather than a rough rumble. Big end can be rough running without there being any play in it.

Hi Ian,

More info on the type of noise would help, knocking, whirring, grinding, scraping, tapping, top end, bottom end or gearbox.

What seems sort of rough?

Could be many things. There is only a nut on the LHS of the crankshaft that tightens up on the flywheel, if this is loose, the flywheel tends to shear the woodruff key rather quickly, as it spins on the shaft. So, not likely to be that.

Has the motor/gearbox taken in water at some stage? Main bearings may have failed.

Does the gearbox oil look milky?

Is the clutch grinding on the outer casing?

What model year is the bike.

More info would help to diagnose.

Bye, PeterB.

Sorry to hear this.

Bearing in mind there isnt a plethora of Ossa mains going faulty ,you need to stop the dust / muck from getting in your engine better . Thats what will have caused this , unless you ran it with no 2st oil , which i doubt.

Sorry to hear this.

Bearing in mind there isnt a plethora of Ossa mains going faulty ,you need to stop the dust / muck from getting in your engine better . Thats what will have caused this , unless you ran it with no 2st oil , which i doubt.

Think it would nip up before running the mains if no 2st oil.

• Like 1