Ossa Gone Bit Rough?

imexian

Mains are lubed by gbox oil same idea as gas gas pro i think.

My mate who knows these thinks says this is so.

Think all the euro makers buy there bearings at the £1 store.

Look on the bright side, quality new mains are only a £few. I think the mains be changed without splitting the engine or removing the engine from the frame.

One of the previous posers suggested that if there had been no oil in the fuel the engine would have nipped up. I am one who believes of having plenty of oil in the fuel (more than most) but I came across a Ryobi strimmer recently that had run 7/8 of a tank of straight petrol with no oil at all. The engine seems to be completely unharmed.

With no oil in fuel you would expect a sliding surface such as piston to bore to suffer damage before a rolling bearing such as main or big end. I only know of a few instances of no or seriously insufficient lubrication and only one resulted in the bore failing first and this was almost immediately after the autolube ran out. In the other cases there was no immediate damage obvious but after a few more hours running in one case the big end cage broke and in the others the mains failed.

If the mains are lubricated by the gear oil like a GasGas the oil wants changing very frequently as the oil gets contaminated by the clutch and gears .Look at what is on the magnetic sump plug at oil change time,it's been going through the bearings too

But on an ossa no 2t being added to the petrol will only effect the big end, small end and bore. It won't have a consequence for the main bearing as it's being lubricated by the gbox oil.

Trying to get him to admit he's wrong. Irrespective of the lubrication method, the piston almost always nips up first.