Em Chris Pearson 7Th Expert At St Davids British Championship Round

borus

I tried Chris's bike up some decent climbs after a BTC round and it goes very well.

I am sure there are places you could use them where petrol bikes would be a no no.

And no, I don't think they are mutually exclusive.

I just wish they were a bit cheaper. 

• Like 2

Where could you ride them properly, rather than a petrol one?

Everywhere where people live who think motorsports are a nuisance and should be banned and there are plenty of these places in Belgium.

Recently heard of people trying to close our grounds, which also has an MX and karting circuit, because they sometimes could smell exhaust fumes. 

And we lost a nice site some 10 years ago after protest from neighbors. 
  • Like 1

Does the battery last the whole ride or does he change it or the bike at some stage?

We ride before a trial, 4 hours during a trial and then demo rides after a trial. This of course would not be a trial with long loops. We have seen this bike be ridden almost continuously for 3-4 hours with riders switching up to test it. This is with the standard battery. There is a lighter battery available that saves 2.5 kg and provides 75 % of the standard battery autonomy. 

Where could you ride them properly, rather than a petrol one?

Only about 2 hours ago a trials friendly farmer locally said to me that a couple of good parcels of his land, near objecting neighbours, could easily be used again (they have been lost due to noise complaints) with a bike like the EM.

Probably also land under the noise related 14 day rule. ie on further days over 14.

• Like 1