Em Chris Pearson 7Th Expert At St Davids British Championship Round

borus

can an electric bike complete the scott with a battery change at each petrol stop?

that depends on how many miles and sections are in between petrol stops to how the bike is setup and what battery tech is used?.

A electric motorcycle can carry enough current battery tech to hit a AVERAGE of 120mph for around 30miles, 80mph for around 80miles or 40mph for 120miles.

trials bikes are so much smaller so not as much battery capacity can be carried but on the positive side they are maybe 2x lighter than a normal motorcycle also the high speeds are not needed i.e 40mph + 

so the answer is not clear cut as it depends on how the bike is setup and what battery capacity/tech is fitted and what the average speeds of commutes between sections are..

as regards mud and water a well designed electric bike is less likely to have problems than petrol bikes.

I know EM considered entering the SSDT this year on the EM Escape, I know who the riders might have been, however, they just launched the Escape (40 ah battery) at the EICMA so maybe next year. 

I also know they want to compete in the WTC, that is the goal in the future. 

I tested an electric enduro, road bike and rally bike all with a 5 speed transmission and clutch while in Italy this year.

I know for a fact that the electric trials bike has opened up the trials riding and the sport to many who would never have considered it with a gas bike. 

Electric is here, 4 and 2 wheel, on and offroad, for us, now its how this can help off road riding increase and prosper. 

• Like 1

mono shock, disc brakes, USD forks, EFI, no kick start (enduro), now the computer on enduro bikes runs the efi and power valve, all have met some some resistance and skepticism, electric is a big step for riders to get their head around, electric kids are going to be asking for the electric adult bikes. With Euro 4 emissions etc when will we cross the line where electric may be the viable alternative.  

Well...I was going to flip the switch on am EM in 2015.  The cost was $11K....and the wait was 4 months.  I would have dealt with either of these issues singularly....but not both.   Ended up with a Factory Beta.  I'd still like an EM, but the stars would have to align better than they did the last go 'round.