Beta Evo 4 Stroke

monty16

I've ridden trials for a couple of years now and I'm looking to progress to a bigger machine; I'm thinking of moving to a fourstroke and am considering a good second hand Beta 300 4T. Are there any pitfalls with this bike or sensible modifications that I should consider ?

• 5 months later...

• 2 months later...

I just bought a lightly used 2015 300 4T and coming from GasGas 280 pro 2T I can honestly say the difference is little, biggest difference is the compression braking. I've learned you need to stay on the gas a little longer when traversing obstacles as to not drop the front end, I love the traction this thing gets and it starts easier then my GasGas. The weight is non existent when riding but at my level ( int ) I'm sure it doesn't make a difference. First thing I did was buy springs front and rear for my weight and dropped the counter shaft sprocket from 10 to 9 with stock 42 in the rear. Cant wait for March when our clubs first trials event happens for the 2016 season.

hi, just joined the site - and only recently started trials! I have just purchased a 2013 model, struggling to start when hot, any tips?????

Thanks in advance

Mine tends to hot start better if you leave the hot start alone i.e. in, I just give the throttle a tiny amount of twist, enough to take the slack out of the cable and it fires up first kick every time,