Latest Gas Gas 80 "racing" Feedback

trialguy

Looking for feedback on the upgraded gg cadet 80 with the new engine. My daughter rides a 2010 with the 72cc motor and have an interest in upgrading to  one because they look great, though I've heard a rumour that the motor might be a step backwards in performance. Any enlightenment would be appreciated though my bias is Gas Gas bikes rule regardless... 

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

The new engine is not much better than the old Morini unit. They are not really a trials engine, They are just an adapted moped engine with the power too high up the rev range and geared wrong between 1st and 2nd.

They work and are reliable but as usual with the Gas Gas kids and junior bikes, they are make do with whats available off the shelf as they are sold in too small numbers.

The gearbox is better on the new one as it's trials specific but the cylinder and output is not much better than the old engine.

What you really need is the Beta 80 engine in the Gas Gas then the bike will be perfect.

It's a shame the Beta is a bit primative and pig iron also they draw you in with a cheaper bike then charge miles over the odds for parts.