C15 Modifications.

eiger

Good morning folks, I spent a few days in Scotland at the beginning of the month watching the Pre 65 event and it's re-ignited my enthusiasm to get my 1960 C15 sorted and I'd be grateful of any advice. 

The rear frame loop where it attaches to the frame in front of the seat is welded which looking at the parts manual isn't standard as they appear to be normally bolted through a bracket between the tank and seat. I'm hoping that one day my entry for the Scottish pre 65 will make the ballot, would the frame as it stands make it through machine examination?

I've fitted the smaller front primary drive gear and it has a 13 tooth front sprocket, the rear sprocket is 62 teeth and it needs replacing can anyone suggest where I can buy a new rear sprocket and what the optimum gearing should be.

I've also fitted new electronic ignition but the bike 'cough stalls' quite a lot and I'm wondering if I should look at renewing the carburettor, the one fitted is an Amal 375/34 but again I'd be wanting one which is Scottish acceptable.

I'd also be grateful of advice on footrest mods or are these best left as standard and also the best exhaust set up, the current exhaust runs outside the frame.

Thanks in anticipation! :icon_salut:

ok welcome to the fold, c15 is an under rated thing. your rear frame loop shouldnt be a problem bolted welded brazed or uhu'd on. like most others id advise running cub/bantam hubs that way you can buy consumables off the shelf all day long. there are though a couple of excellent folks who make up rear sprockets to order online

i'd ditch your elderly amal and buy a new mk1 concentric a proper dealer will send you one jetted up ready to run

put your footrests where they suit you best not what some computer rider reckons is best for you.. be comfortable be upright take it from there... enjoy.. cheque book and credit card out..

• Like 1