Csp Waterpump Impeller Aluminimum, Coolant Hoses Touch The Exhaust

tirolean

hi!

i´v just bought and installed the CSP waterpump kit, everything is fine. but: now that there is a spacer, the waterpumpcover is a bit closer to the exhaust, so the coolant hoses touch the exhaust. i wonder, if one of you has the same waterpump installed and how you have solved this problem.

here are two pics: http://trialforum.net/index.php/Attachment/20914-20150518-150356-jpg/?thumbnail=1

http://trialforum.net/index.php/Attachment/20913-20150518-150417-jpg/?thumbnail=1

it´s a beta evo 290 2010

thanks in advance,

dani

Edited by tirolean

I don't know if you are using the standard black hoses or silicone?

I have had Beta's that the original black hose touched the exhaust and was ok.

Had me worried for a while though.

I have seen Pre 1965 bikes using blue silicone hoses to connect header or manifold to mid box

I'd say keep an eye on it.

Enjoy

I saw a rider drop a Beta on its exhaust side. Barely dinted the exhaust but must have pressed it in just a shade more against these hoses. He restarted it and was giving it a bit of revving to get it running again properly when there was a loud pop and clouds of steam. The hose blew out on the back of the exhaust, probably softened by the heat.

If you have any doubt I would wrap your hoses with some 16 gauge copper wire, wind it on like a spring and this will keep the hoses just off your exhaust and conduct the heat away.

The 2000 Sherco I once owned the exhaust header pushed on the hose where it connected to water pump.  There was an actual flat spot on the hose.  Eventually the hose did fail but I believe it failed because of the pinching pressure and wear between the water pump and the header.

heat may have been a factor but I don't think it was a major factor.

In the pics it looks like your hose is just touching.  I think it will be fine.

Cheap and quick effective solution..

Just cut a piece of a Older water hose , and put it between your hose and the Exhaust.. voila...

Problem solved...

Seen this in a couple of Old Betas Rev 3 with perfect results...

Just do it Asap before damaging your Existing hose..

:thumbup: