Yamaha Ty 250

metisse

I have just bought a very original 1974/75  434  Ty and whilst it has a few little jobs to be done, the carb is one issue.

Is it worth trying to resurrect the original TK carb or is it as people in the day seemed to agree , just get the correct Mikuni.

What was wrong with the original, Yamaha even then, didn t seem to get it wrong.

Thanks

If you have a TK that is working OK I would stick with it. They work beautifully on the 434 model. Different story if it has a worn slide, needle or needle jet. My 434 still runs the original TK carby and it is the best running of all my TY250s

I have often wondered why Yamaha went away from using TK carbies on the TY twinshock 250

Thanks for the replies, when we get it started this week, currently void of sparks , we can make a judgement on its running. It has a working speedo and has covered a mere 3000kms in its lifetime if its to be believed, so hopefully not to worn.

• Like 1