Raga Looking For Finance To Complete Season.

telecat

Multiple topics merged.

Have to ask the question - many of the young lads are self-funding and work out of the back of a van quite happily. Why is a truck and all that goes with it really necessary?

• Like 6

Multiple topics merged.

Have to ask the question - many of the young lads are self-funding and work out of the back of a van quite happily. Why is a truck and all that goes with it really necessary?

Timescale. Raga has all the bits minus the Wagon. The Spanish Federation look like they will sort that but He'll need to sort it before the weekend whereas he had all he needed before.

Edited by telecat

Multiple topics merged.

I agree! Its ''funny'' to see at european rounds, big big big trucks and just plain cars with an old caravan behind it. And both can battle for the points.

I definitely think that at the wtc support has influence, but it should be able to do it much cheaper. Same story as I told somewhere else on this forum. Some things grow a certain way, not always for obvious or clear reasons, but are really difficult to reverse back.

(e.g. our motorclub used to go for thausands of years (maybe over exaggerated :P) on motorcycle holidays with around 30 - 40 roadbikes. 1 time someone took a van with bbq and a trailer because of some reason ( think it was an injury or something, didnt know if he could keep riding all the time and back home) and now we ''need'' to hire a van each year.... )

Edited by crazybond700
  • Like 2

Multiple topics merged.

This is where the world championship goes wrong.

Lots of good venues can't be used because they haven't the infrastructure to accommodate all the big trucks and associated stuff. I know loads of venues that would be excellent world rounds but don't meet the FIM requirements

• Like 5

If I was DL, I'd be signing up AR today. Let's face it, JD is a superb rider but, he's not likely to win anything on the world stage, probably won't even get on the podium, whereas AR is a cert for the podium and can win world rounds when TB is having a bad day.

He wants to ride and would give Vertigo some good publicity without spending too much cash (he hasn't got much on offer at the moment). James and Adam would be a good combo for vertigo and a win in an outdoor round would be great for the bikes launch along with Dougs SSDT win.

• Like 1

My original post was that the Gas Gas situation has just made a tricky decision - stay at Gas Gas or move to TRS - a much easier one.

I'd imagine he'll now ride TRS for 2016 onwards and maybe 2015 if they can sort a bike quickly enough.

He's got the bike, trick bits etc etc sure funding won't be too much of an issue for him - is it all Europe trials now??

If I was DL, I'd be signing up AR today. Let's face it, JD is a superb rider but, he's not likely to win anything on the world stage, probably won't even get on the podium, whereas AR is a cert for the podium and can win world rounds when TB is having a bad day.

He wants to ride and would give Vertigo some good publicity without spending too much cash (he hasn't got much on offer at the moment). James and Adam would be a good combo for vertigo and a win in an outdoor round would be great for the bikes launch along with Dougs SSDT win.

I really doubt that many people buy a bike because of its world round performance. I am sure more will of been impressed by the Vertigo getting through the SSDT. If we were all swayed by world round performances then Montesa would be the best selling bike by far.

I think the Vertigo would sell without a top rider.

• Like 1

excellent question perce.. 100k is a lot of money.. he already says he has two bikes and spares in the magazine article. for 9 months if he takes a salary of 5k a month gives a spanner man/ van driver 2k a month uses a big merc van at 600 a month plus 1400 a month for fuel that still leaves him 8k before he runs out of cash..

perhaps he might turn up for the ssdt and show us how good he really is..

• Like 1

Not a fan of Raga, no real reason, but I hope he turns up in a van with and wins all remaining rounds?

Not that it will happen, but it may prove that the circus that is World Trials is not necessary!

People will say that the trucks, media etc is progression, but I don't see a lot of difference between the 80's with vans and Bennett Video to now? Yes the media is quicker now and much better quality, but the rest is unnecessary and as Timp says venues are limited due to accommodating the large trucks last weekends BTC for example?

• Like 2