Wtc 2015 Czech Republic - Sokolov

guys

Well done to Dabill for leading after lap one, I've watched a few videos of the action today and to be blunt the rules are bloody farcical

Sat having dinner with Michaud. So tempted to show him this...

• Like 1

The WTC is largely irrelevant if there aren't enough riders at the grass roots level to justify it. A NASCAR win doesn't sell a lot of cars in Europe and a WTC win doesn't sell a lot of bikes when there are fewer and fewer trials riders.

Well done to Dabill for leading after lap one, I've watched a few videos of the action today and to be blunt the rules are  bloody farcical

Is it the rules that are farcical or the misapplication of the rules by observers who have been pressured by abuse from riders and minders?

Having witnessed unpleasant arguments at WTC and BTC perhaps there is a case for an observers mark being kept secret until the rider completes the lap. Speaking as both a rider and observer, the observer is very rarely wrong, riders frequently are.

I have had discussions regarding marking with some riders recently (Centre level), prior to or after the event and not related to any specific incident and it was absolutely clear some do not know and have never read the rules.

• Like 1

I have to agree. After watching the videos I figured the no-stop rule must have been abandoned this year. I know there will always be an argument as to whether a rider actually stopped or not, but bouncing the bike backwards (like in the videos) would have been a five even under the old rules.

I know they were tough on it in Australia last year and there were many times a rider or minder would argue the point with an observer. It wasn't until the observer pulled the yellow card from their pocket that the riders got the message and complied.

Chris.

• Like 1