British Bike Bonanza 27Th June

wallo

Back due to popular demand is the road trail at the Bonanza this year on the 27th June, this wasn't clear but hopefully it should be now with this post and the message on the AMCA site.

http://www.amca.uk.com/scrambles/scrambles-fixtures/314-western-classic-bonanza-at-horsley

It's always been a great ride round the Cotswolds so hope to see many of you there.

Edited by wallo

• 2 weeks later...

Not looking good at all. The entries rose to the dizzy heights of 19 yesterday until someone pulled out. No official line at the moment will let you know when I know. Think I'm off to look at some twinshocks :-(

Just had a call from my main carer, Breffitt tells me they have pulled the plug because of the entry list totalling 19. This is a great shame, who knows what went wrong ? Mossy's road based trials are amongst the best day out you can have on a trials bike. Not really interested in the closed one around Sallywood farm. 

In the past there have been plenty of entries,these events need support whilst it is still possible to run them...

Edited by jon v8

Having done my share of helping Adrian and Julie and gang get the very first British Bike Bonanzas up and running I really do sympathise with them when less than twenty souls are interested in riding in a trial organised the way ALL trials were organised in the classic era.  Already a vast amount of work will have been done in preparation, landowners will have been visited time and again to make sure access will be maintained, etc., etc.

Sadly it may be the final straw that discourages the team from bothering in the future........equally contact with the landowners may be jeopardised.........a sad day, indeed.

(Hi,  Just had a 'phone call from an old friend reading this thread, to ask: "When was the first British Bike Bonanza that Mossy organised?"  Well I had to hunt through various of my sources to find a piece I did for TMX announcing the project, and that was in June 1979.)  DW

Edited by laird387