Ignition Advance Curve?

mcman56

Compression is 155 psi.  I measured the stroke.  Beta USA was also nice enough to confirm with the factory before I did the swap.  On some official Beta publications, the bore/ stroke numbers are misstated for the 200.  (maybe from 2008)  Working out the numbers shows that they do not equal 200.  That had me confused for a while.

• 3 weeks later...

I have found a couple of advance curves on line for trials bikes, one for Beta and one for Sherco.  They show curves like a 4 stroke so I guess mine should have something similar.  I could not find a Beta OEM CDI online but did find an aftermarket one.  They could not tell me what type of curve it has but I ordered one anyway and will see what happens.         

http://www.leonelli.com/english/028%20CDI%20DIGITAL/028%20INGLES/028%20VOK.E-ING.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

The aftermarket one is a combo CDI/ coil but has the same lack of a curve.  The Beta CDI has 4 wires vs the 6 wires I have seen on a diagram listed by Dan W.  There is one two pin connector and two seperate wires, one of which looks like the kill button connection.

Edited by mcman56

• 2 weeks later...