Gas Gas Clutch Confusion

elk

Have just bought a 2014 Racing 250 which hasn't had much use, rather nice in fact.

However, the clutch action isn't as good as other Gassers I've tried - it's a bit heavy and not so smooth in takeup so I have pulled it apart.

The pack thickness is 9.8mm and the lever height is 15.2mm

So, how much do I have to reduce the pack by to get the desired 17 - 18 lever height?  Or should I just get new plate set?

I`ve never sanded the friction plates as I have plenty of the steel. I would give them all a light quick sand and re-install. Measure the finger height during installation. And if you are still too low. Just run the bike awhile, then find a nice tree or something solid. Click it up to third or fourth and burn the plates in a little. It might take a few tries.

Thanks for that lineaway. Sanded the plates to give me 18mm - light and progressive now.

Really surprised that these clutches are so sensitive to such small changes in pack thickness.

My clutch was starting to drag when hot so I put a new dp clutch pack in , the thickness was 9.8 it's solved the drag but now it slips terribly when it's hot , worse in the higher gears, you guys have any ideas where I've gone wrong?