Boots

sjwales

Alpine Stars no stop, best boots I have ever owned.

So there you go, 3 different answers, who do you believe? All of us or non of us? Boot comfort is based on one thing only, foot size and shape. You won't know what us comfortable for you until you try them on!

• Like 3

I've had a few pairs , Cost not a issue , Gaerne's (most comfortable shoes I own ! ) Budget minded but still Quality , Novagars ...

But as above , try some on if you can , I've never seen identical feet anywhere !

Glenn

• Like 1

Novagar went broke - we had issues with Alpine Star a few year ago so  won't sell them anymore - Gaerne are good as are Forma, Sidi and Hebo - but We have just started carrying the Wulf line and can't get enough of them - similar to a Novagar - seem to be standing up very well and you can't beat the price. The choice is yours, but try a few pairs with an extra pair of socks, before you buy.

I had (and still have) a pair of Alpinestars Tech 6's back in the day for the motocross bikes so I felt confident in ordering Alpinestars No Stop boots. I knew the correct size would fit, even with Thor socks, and that they would be comfortable.

I read a lot of posts by people having sizing issues with various different makes. Some too small, some too big, having to return and order a size bigger etc.

Seeing as I was unable to get to a dealer that stocked the various different makes and models stated above, it was important to me that I could be confident in the size seeing as though I was ordering via the internet.

The No Stop boots are comfortable, sizing comes up true to your regular size and are nice and light....but then I have no experience of any other brand.

To be honest, if you can't make it to a shop that has all the different makes in stock available to try on side by side, any of the above mentioned boots would probably be fine......it all comes down to cash.  :)

Chris.

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently wearing a pair of sidi zero and really impressed with the build quality. They are white and still white which I was worried about. I got the mrs a pair of white no stops stateside and the are wearing horrible for only having four weekends on them. I have three other pairs of no stop that I float between. By far the no stop are the most comfortable but the ankles blow out and the soles keep coming off. Before that I had a pair of novagar but they went through two soles on my brake foot in one year. And before that I had a pair of hebo for many years which served me well. The mrs loved her diadora but they also got old so she has nostops now. I think build quality your best to go garne sidi or formula. I would say the alpinstars are the most comfortable. What it's worth.

--Biff

I am in need of some boots can anyone tell me if the Garne trials boots are wider than the Sidi boots they are in the off road boots.I dont have Fred Flintstone feet and don't want my foot flopping around after dropping that kind of money.   

• 4 weeks later...