Bsa C15 Sprocket

davet

Thanks bezaboy . Something to work with now , just bought it it's my 1st project . There maybe numerous questions to follow.

Can you point me in direction for a new petrol tank ?

Cheers Dave

I've just bought a c15 project trials bike. How do people get around the all in one brake drum/sprocket. On of the previous owners seems to have welded a sprocket onto the drum. not sure how effective this will be.

I've just bought a c15 project trials bike. How do people get around the all in one brake drum/sprocket. On of the previous owners seems to have welded a sprocket onto the drum. not sure how effective this will be.

Scrap the wheel and fit one from a cub or bantam. You could always fit a twinshock rear wheel off anything really but the purists would want you to use the cub or bantam option. Easy to change and get sprockets then.

• Like 2

Sorry for the lateness of this response Wallo, I haven't got a clue what's in the gearbox yet. 

By way of background , the guy I bought the bike from had owned it for 3 years (with the intention of restoring it), but hadn't done anything to it due to other projects. He bought it from the estate of the guy who'd taken it off the road, done some stuff to it, then popped his clogs taking it's secrets with him. Although I've ridden bikes for 40 years, this is my first Brit bike and first trials as well (it's very different to my old ZZR 1400 lol).

Currently I'm trying to determine what I've got (see next post) and where to go with it.

So now I've got a bantam rear hub, what sort of fettling does it require to fit to the C15, and  what is the best size rear wheel to fit. Currently the back wheel is 4 00 17, but I've picked up that running a 4in rear can cause problems with the chain line .

• Like 1

Sorry for the lateness of this response Wallo, I haven't got a clue what's in the gearbox yet. 

By way of background , the guy I bought the bike from had owned it for 3 years (with the intention of restoring it), but hadn't done anything to it due to other projects. He bought it from the estate of the guy who'd taken it off the road, done some stuff to it, then popped his clogs taking it's secrets with him. Although I've ridden bikes for 40 years, this is my first Brit bike and first trials as well (it's very different to my old ZZR 1400 lol).

Currently I'm trying to determine what I've got (see next post) and where to go with it.

So now I've got a bantam rear hub, what sort of fettling does it require to fit to the C15, and  what is the best size rear wheel to fit. Currently the back wheel is 4 00 17, but I've picked up that running a 4in rear can cause problems with the chain line .

You have no choice you need to run a 4.00 x 18 rear tyre thats what is available so lace the hub to a suitable rim. WM2 or WM3 is up to you i use WM2 but there are people who would advise otherwise. Motor needs moving over in the frame 10mm at least some move further but then you have problems with the exhaust stub on the head fouling the frame downtube if you go too far. Once you have sorted the motor machine a ring to space the sprocket on the rear hub over the same amount. I went for 10 mm as a compromise. Use a 428 chain or if you dont mind changing frequently a 420. Miller apparently used a 420 on GOV to help with clearence so should be ok i used 428 btw and had no problems. 

A good guy to talk to is Charlie Prescott who now owns Bessie my old B40 which to all necessary features is the same as a C15. 

• Like 1

Apologies if I seem to have hi jacked this forum, I've just offered up the Bantam hub to the c15 rear swinging arm, to find the spindle on the hub is too big to go through the slot.

do 1 a) machine the spindle smaller

B) grind the slot wider

c) none of the above (suggestions welcome)