Arbuthnot Trial 6Th September

roadster

Yet another clash in the event diary, why oh why don't organisers get together at the beginning of the season and sort all of this out, do you see the British F1 race on the same day as the Italian F1 one, no is answer. #bringthesportintothemodernworld

• 2 months later...

An excellent ride around in glorious sunshine,and stunning scenery. Nothing too taxing in the sections,but a long ride. Shame I missed a section and the timed special test,dont know if I just missed a route marker,or if it was one of the walkers removing them...(At least one walker / rambler was spotted moving markers) Whatever I really enjoyed it,reckon Steve Allen must have take the tele-rigid class.

We thoroughly enjoyed the day, saw loads of interesting bikes, met lots of great people, enjoyed the ride and the stunning scenery. All the walkers we met were friendly and we made a point of slowing to walking pace and greeting/thanking them for letting us pass. We were the last finishers to sign off. We had gone through a "puddle" (lake?) which was too deep: it was well over my knees! By the time we had dried out the mag. ( I have a magdyno instead of the waterproof BTH) and got all the water out of the engine we were well behind and missed the morning sections.

It was after ten last night when I got home and fell straight into bed after feeding the dogs ( I daren't not do that!). I ache all over this morning but will be back next year! Special thanks to all the officials/organisers and Gautrek; good to to say hello and thanks for posting the photos. We both forgot to take our cameras but that may have been a good thing as the sidecar was submerged!

Rod

Edited by roadster