colmills

Both ... I'm in croft so Col 10 mins from you and Al 5 mins from you when you move to culcheth. Give me a shout if you need anything or advice, I may be able to help. Oh and just about to upgrade my 2005 250 so if you want to try out a gasser before you buy let me know. Cheers coops

Hi mate, getvthe gasser yesterday! Had a bash today over some pallets/ logs etc is awesome fun! Bike needs a bit of tlc, mainly bearings all round, front brake pads and clutch drags so needs fluids changing as a first port of call. Any advice from anyone also could be good? It's a 2000 txt 250? Cheers guys

Looks like you done well on the bike there mate.

Got another experience day next Monday at inch perfect. Can't wait for that.

I'm gonna take my time looking as I need to sort everything else out as well. Got to either buy and shed or hire a lockup somewhere.

Gonna cost a small fortune but saving hard so won't be too long I hope.

Good to see you got sorted, looks very tidy for its age. For advice suggest you just do some searches on the gas gas forum as every bit of information you need is probably there. For fluids and clutches these have been done many times and many different opinions. If you need something specific just ask and you will definatley get the information or specific advice you need. Good luck and enjoy it, that's the main thing!

Col - not really thought about price yet, but message me if you want.

Hopefully see you both at the next Frodsham Trial!

• 2 weeks later...

I have purchased a bike this weekend. Cheap and cheerful. Bit of a gamble but looked ok to me? Hopefully not too many hidden problems.

Boot and gloves on the way. Helmet also.

Just need and towbar and rack. Then I think I'm mobile.

Now I need to find a place to give the Bike a proper test, any suggestions?

I have a 1996 Beta Techno 250.

Just need to give a run somewhere to see what needs doing to it.

do you or anyone else know anyone in the Warrington area that would take a look?

Cheers

col

quote name="alscott1984" post="401473" timestamp="1436770319"]

Hi mate, what bike did you get then? Let us no when your up and running. I'm just doing some bearings and getting clutch sorted on mine, it drags a bit, then ready to go.post-21418-0-35342300-1436992944_thumb.jpg

Looks great mate! Well I have a fairly basic practice area at my place. My mate is coming down on Sat with his new bike, a 1992 gasgas. Were gonna have a play and do few bits to the bikes. You fancy coming down. Only across the Warburton bridge from where you are!

• 3 weeks later...

Just going to watch. I'm trying to find someone to do a engine overhaul for me as the I want the bike to be checked over etc before I start. Last thing I want is to go out and the bike to be a dud. Lol .

If you know anyone please let me know.