Trs Prototype Test Ride - March 2015

gasgas249uk

Back in March  whilst in Spain i chuffed to be able to get a ride  on the advanced TRS prototype with Jordi Tarres on his practise grounds in the hills around his home .

I made a report about it here.

http://www.retrotrials.com/trs-prototype-test.html

At this stage the TRS chassis was finished and they were putting some final touches to the engine and silencer. Both the chassis and the engine have components that i have never seen before . The chassis contained a power controlling set up that was said to make a good difference . Jordi stated that he wasnt sure whether this would make it to the production model. It's not that it was to expensive to produce , it was whether it was necesary or not. Perhaps in the future it might show its face.

The actual prototype ( that is not the finished bike ) had completely white modern plastics and a black alluminium chassis that immediately reminded me on the 4RT chassis. Like modern bikes it was very tiny and very light. I could tell from the general condition of the prototype that it had been used a lot . I know Jordi as well as other top riders have been assisting in its development and giving thier  feedback , shaping the bike.Jordi described the TRS as being an evolution of the JTG...which makes sense. Jordi has been developing bikes since the Beta days. He obviously has the right feel to make a great bike . He also has the fabrication skills , Tig welding another alloy prototype silencer whilst i was there. I

I got to take the proto accompanied by a very watchful Jordi Tarres who was keen to make sure that i did not take any photos of this unfinished bike or smash it up by flipping it. After a ride off from his house down the roads , Jordi veered off into the woods to some established practise ground. He jumped off his bike and minded me.

My honest , initial impressions of the bike were that it was very very god indeed . It felt so so light and it was so manouverable. The suspension made it easy to flick around. The brakes were obviously very very good. The 300 engine was very powerful ,more so that my JTG engine and very quiet running.

I am sure this prototype will change a little as refinements are made.

Its clear to me that the TRS is clearly a top level bike , but its also a bike with mostly establish tech so it easily maintained.

• Like 4