Txt 270 Or 280?

sean65

check the chassis number,

I use this to help,

post-19212-0-73416000-1436228756_thumb.png

by the way I have a 2002 280 txt pro! broke my heart and my pocket! I had a 2001 txt tho never a days bother! heavy bike but reliable, the older bikes are good all round bikes, but the txt pro models are way lighter and way eazer to do stuff on.

I see your point, although by now surely most things would have been fixed or modified. Are you suggesting the 270 of the 2? Front bearings an easy job?

Front wheel bearing?

Easy peasy lemon squeezie! Otherwise dont buy a bike, because its part of regular maintance.

I would strongly recommend having fun with an old bike! So the pre pro model. Than maybe after two year when you are having great fun with it spare some money and then search a newer bike. This way you know what you want, have some experience with maintance etc.

Pro's need real regular maintance, they are not easy bikes. (although superb to ride).

Edited by crazybond700

I will post a pic of the bike once I work out how to do it to see if you guys can work out if it is the early 280 or not. I have asked the chap for the engine and chassis numbers too, which hopefully will be forth coming.

A super looking bike but take some advice on softening it off as both the 270 and 280 were more of an experts bike rather than a novice's.

Slow throttle grip to start would be an easy fix, otherwise you may end up having your arms pulled out of your shoulders after a couple of hours practice !

Or just man up and enjoy it

Well I just  had as much of a test ride as I was comfortable with. A bit different to my Blackbird. Lol

It's a bit smokey...a 2 stroke possibly over oiled, gear seems ok although neutral was  a bugger ( usual?)

Other than that it seemed to pull pretty well to me.

Reckon it could be worth it.

Neutral is almost always difficult with trial bikes (I dont really mis it).

Smoking is normal to some extent. Probably goes away when its warmer. Also some oil will get stuck inside the exhaust system, in the frontpipe, middle mufler and end muffler, and when really hot some will burn out again. But well thats the beauty of a 2 stroke! ;)

Edited by crazybond700