Greek Vote No To Austerity.?

english electric

Did nt the Germans lend the greece the money so they could in turn spend the money in..... Germany.  The Swiss are buying euros at the moment and with the bad news already in the rate I doubt the euro will go much lower. Lastly I find it amusing that the greek chap in charge is straight on the phone to francois Holland who is straight from the Russel Brand school of economics....what the f45k does he know,  apart from throwing good money after bad...Perhaps they think and hope the same.

I hope you're not assuming that the IMF, the EBC or the european bureaucrats now anything about on the ground economics.

You should take a look at the Bolivian and Ecuadorian economy. They got out of the **** when they adopted a policy that was the opposite of what the IMF wanted.
  • Like 1

No one ever seems to point out the obvious. A country's economy is based on two things, raw resources and value added through manufacturing or services like Switzerland, er...."servicing" the financial industry. Most of the industrialized economy's in the west have offshored so much of their manufacturing to the far east they have now lost a significant portion of the wealth generating capability. Cheaper manufacturing means cheaper goods which seems like a boon until you burn through the residual money you had and then realize you can't afford even the cheaper goods. I was listening to the radio tonight and someone was saying, "What they have to do is give people jobs." Seems like a pretty oblivious statement. You don't just give people jobs unless you have the demand for what they will produce.

With governments propping up social systems and giving money away this is a golden opportunity to rebuild infrastructure. If a large percentage of your population is on the dole why are the roads and bridges falling apart? There's a large untapped work force that you're already paying. That is what was done in the 1920s to get the US out of the great depression. Unfortunately much of the current infrastructure still dates back to that time and it is failing at an alarming rate.

As Renton says in Train Spotting, "It's a ***** state of affairs Tommy and all the fresh air in the world isn't going to make a bit of difference."

As far as the whole wealth redistribution idea it is flawed. Money less of a thing and more of a concept. People who have a lot of it don't have it stuffed in a mattress. They invest it looking for a return. The key is getting them to invest it in your little part of the world. Tell them you are going to take it away from them and they'll just move it somewhere else.

• Like 3

Ask yourself, why as 'intelligent' animals have we created a society that is based on working for the most part of our lives. How many other species do this for anything besides shelter or food supply?

I always put forward the argument that dinosaurs lived on this planet for circa 135 million years with tiny brains and who died out through no fault of their own. Yet modern humans, with significant intelligence and who have only been around 200,000 years, created a society whereby we need to work our nuts off just to have a basic existence, and if you do not abide by these rules, you will live in abject poverty living on the streets or get locked up in prison. Humans will also probably be extinct in 10,000 years or less. This is what intelligence does for you eh? Well you can keep it !

The plight of the Greeks just goes to show how f****d up all this is ..... As I quoted earlier, "Humans first, Banks second"

Edited by atomant
  • Like 4

He's just stating facts, nothing conspiracy about it.

It's the facts that he chooses to ignore which shapes his story: I'll put it bluntly; Greeks think dodging out of paying taxes is a god given rite. They didn't ,fiscally,qualify to join the Euro mechanism and have proved to be a bad debt, then were bailed out, and proved to be a very bad debt, now have defaulted, which makes them a very,very bad debt!

What do they expect?

• Like 1

What does that have to do with any cospiracy?

Nobody is denying that there were made some very bad decisions in the past, with the knowledge of those that are now blaming Greece the loudest, but that doesn't mean the current generation, who suffers the most, has to pay for it.
And who has benefited the most of this situation? Right, the banks and some other EU states.

Edited by guys