New Suzuki Beamish Rl250 Project

beta evo andy

Just got this Suzuki rl250 trials bike, from what i understand it is a 1976 model, the bike has a sound engine and no nasty suprises, only problem i am having is with the front brake, no matter how i adjust the brake it seems to slip under pressure, the shoes seem fine but i have heard the front brakes on these were not great anyway.

The problem seems that the shoes are pulling open and just as ther biting the piece inside the drum that opens the shoes is slipping, ive ordered new brake shoes to see if that solves the problem but would like to just try and change front wheel all together as my one is buckled

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so done a trial on it sunday just gone and i think ive got more work ahead of me than anticipated, the forks were bottoming out so would like to try and source some heavier springs perhaps? The front brake is still rubbish and the front wheel is buckled so would like to try getting the wheel refurbed and brake relined, will change throttle for a domino one as mines quite heavy and the rear brake pedal is off a road bike and isnt very nice to use. Oh and the rear frame loop has cracked where its previously been welded

• 1 month later...

Hello, I am probably wrong but I think those fork clamps/yokes look like the type fitted to the Beamish sidecars.

If so the geometry may be slightly different to suit a sidecar.

Hope this is helpful

• Like 1

• 2 months later...