The Way We Were?

rusty ken

I found these photos while surfing for some pre65 info and thought they might be of interest; http://niclassicscramblesclub.com/gallery3/index.php/old-pictures/Ken-McClure-s-Collection/Trials.  They  are from events in Northern Ireland during the late '50s, but they include a few well known names and stars of yesteryear. 

Obviously the world has moved on in the last 60 years, but I would expect that many of the bikes in the photos would still have been in use up to our 'pre65' cut off? 

I wonder how many of these would be considered to be anywhere near competitive in todays pre65 events, and how many of us would consider building or bringing out a similar bike?

• Like 1

Nice pictures of 'Old Iron' there.

(But a few mid 70's Spanish have crept in to the late fifties captions, or was it just a foresight of what would eventually happen!)

In the hands of an experienced rider no doubt they would still be competitive in current pre65 events, especially if shod with modern tyres.