Ktm Trial Bike

guys

2 hours ago, neils on wheels said:

is this it?

ktm_trials_bike.jpg

They've been not moving forward with this one for about four decades.

No movement, but it does look competent. Footrests almost directly under swing arm pivot, ample ground clearance, proper chain guard and the swing arm with its rear bend means some one was playing with steering head angles the easy way!

29 minutes ago, section swept said:

No movement, but it does look competent. Footrests almost directly under swing arm pivot, ample ground clearance, proper chain guard and the swing arm with its rear bend means some one was playing with steering head angles the easy way!

I thought changing the length of the shocks, was changing the steering head angle the easy way ??

29 minutes ago, b40rt said:

I thought changing the length of the shocks, was changing the steering head angle the easy way ??

Yep agree totally with you, as can altering the rear upper/lower mount height length. Wheelbase can be changed with the swing arm bend. I reckon there must have been t least three or four swing arms with various flicks at the rear for experimentation. When you are happy with the suspension units that’s when the difference in swing arms comes into play.

• Like 1

I'd like to see KTM take jotagas from the bunch of uselessness that currently runs it. It might then be possible for me to get a clutch case gasket when needed. Bike is excellent, company is absolute waste of time. ( enjoying reading thread, sorry to rant, carry on).

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Jonny KTM said:

I'd like to see KTM take jotagas from the bunch of uselessness that currently runs it. It might then be possible for me to get a clutch case gasket when needed. Bike is excellent, company is absolute waste of time. ( enjoying reading thread, sorry to rant, carry on).

Jonny post in jgas forum says you can get anything?

• 1 month later...

That picture of the new KTM Trials is a ray of hope.  It looks like they are keeping the power valve on this engine.  They made a big mistake by taking the power valve off of the FreeRide.   It is way low on power compared to anything else KTM makes.   My Fantic Section has a power valve and I like it. 

23 hours ago, featsupppp said:

That picture of the new KTM Trials is a ray of hope.  It looks like they are keeping the power valve on this engine.  They made a big mistake by taking the power valve off of the FreeRide.   It is way low on power compared to anything else KTM makes.   My Fantic Section has a power valve and I like it. 

none of the current bikes have a powervalve?

8 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

none of the current bikes have a powervalve?

The new TRS 125 is being developed with a powervalve, however none of the other trials bikes that I know of have one.  (Older bikes excluded)

I am guessing it just isn't critical considering the nature of how trials is ridden to need one. 

Edited by jonnyc21
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 3:45 PM, neils on wheels said:

is this it?

ktm_trials_bike.jpg

They've been not moving forward with this one for about four decades.

Well with the upsurge of Twinshock trials events being held almost nationwide, now......it could well sell.  I'd certainly seriously consider one.