Ktm Trial Bike

guys

What is the clutch mod ? Is that not a reservoir for the rear shock ?

Yes that is the rear shock reservoir.

But if you look close you can see beta parts in there. That yamaha is a nice modification of the old scorpa, that pic I think is about 4 years old but in reality all it is ever is or will be is a highly modified scorpa or a bitsa

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 years later...

KTM trials bike would be an interesting proposition.... coming from Honda road bikes, to KTM enduro bikes and onto my first trials bike in the form of a Gas Gas (partly what was available here, partly fond memories of watching Raga on Eurosport doing the indoor events), I'd be glad to see a GG that comes with KTM style owners and workshop manuals (including excellent jetting tables), online parts fiche, easy access to dealers and spares all round the world, not having to wait months if you crack a rim... sounds great!  Honda much the same... less upkeep, don't care if Toni Bou is riding one though, those big tractors don't excite me.

Freeride gets mixed reviews on KTM forums but guess they are looking at it from an OE-blinged up Enduro/MX perspective.... watched a promo video of James Whittam and one of the Lowes brothers having a ball on them round some woodlands.... looked great.

Think unfortunately the best new bike KTM could make has already been invented by Vertigo though?

This is on the Trials thread on ADV as well.  The Orange Kool-Aid drinkers are all agog over it, some even saying that a Katoom Trialer would increase interest in the sport "by 50%".  Yeah, okay.  :rolleyes:  Evidently there is a prototype (the one in the pic posted earlier is not it), but no guarantees that KTM will move forward with it.  We'll see. 

• Like 1