Electrics/ Fan Not Working

hrmad

Hi guys,

Pleased to say at my last trial I scored 8, best result so far, the first trial I completed I scored 93, so it's a good feeling to make progress after close to a year of riding.

What was not so great was the bike getting really hot, coolant coming out of the cap and tubes, and the fan not kicking in last Saturday.

We took the bike apart yesterday. It's not the thermostat as we connected the two leads that join onto it and the fan did not work. It's not the wiring above the radiator or the two black boxes above the radiator as we connected a battery to the system and the voltage was correct for these areas.

What was not good was the reading for the coil that is behind the flywheel, below 1 volt. Is this a common problem with betas? Will I need to replace this coil?

Thanks

The stator is an issue, but normally for spark. By the way the voltage should be AC checked while running.

Thanks. Maybe it's the voltage regulator then, i'd be happier if it is...

If the bike still has the headlight on, try unplugging it. I just resolved an electrical glitch on my '15 Evo. Fan wouldn't come on, headlight wouldn't work. Started checking things and found the wires to the headlight very hot. I unplugged the headlight and the fan started working normally. Apparently there was an intermittant short in the headlight. 

If the bike still has the headlight on, try unplugging it. I just resolved an electrical glitch on my '15 Evo. Fan wouldn't come on, headlight wouldn't work. Started checking things and found the wires to the headlight very hot. I unplugged the headlight and the fan started working normally. Apparently there was an intermittant short in the headlight. 

Haven't got the head light on the bike, it would be nice if the problem were that simple though, thanks anyways :)