Honda Rtl Silencer.

joelewis

I'm having made a replacement exhaust silencer for my 1985 RTL250. Would anyone else be interested in one?

My exhaust has been used as for making the templates and moulds , will be getting my new ones in 3 - 4 weeks.

PM me if interested, Joe

I know, it is high on the price. For that I will expect it to be identical.

For the two he's making for me I've said to him the price I aren't that fussed about (within reason) but the quality has got to be 100%. At the moment that's all I can say.

I'll keep you updated though. There will be detailed pictures once I can get them.

Edited by joelewis
  • Like 2

It's usually the mild steel central collector box that requires renewal due to internal corrosion, as mine did. These are relatively easy to replicate. Reproducing the stylized HRC into the outer face of the silencer will be a challenge. To eliminate the inner face of the alloy silencer being worn through by contact with the outer edge of the tyre, it would be beneficial to weld on a doubling plate, or increase the offset of the mounting bracket to avoid contact. Good luck.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

First one will be ready end of October. I made the huge mistake of saying no rush - whenever you can.

I spoke on the phone with him beginning of the month, he was away for 2 weeks in September then promised to concentrate on them. He has money tied into the moulds now so also wants them further on.

Ill be dropping him an email end of this month so will keep you updated.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So we got a very rough template made up. It still needs smoothing out and more work but this will give you an idea (my original exhaust is behind)

I'm really pleased - yes it needs work still but the basics are there and its looking good.

rtl%20exhaust%201_zpsxleicsnx.jpg

I'm having three made for my own bikes. If serious please let me know, they won't be cheap but you get what you pay for.

• Like 3

Absolutely, wouldn't expect anything different.  

Its taking far longer than planned, but I don't really want to rush him. As soon as the first fully finished one is complete I'll be taking detailed pictures of it and my exhaust side by side and checking measurements.  

Joe

• Like 1