Honda Rtl Silencer.

joelewis

The aluminium is slightly lighter gauge than the original, 0.03mm thinner. So if anything its slightly lighter.

Its had to be done slightly thinner due to needing to keep the detail. You lose the definition slightly in the moulds when you make it out of thicker aluminium.

I'll be doing a batch of 10 this year. (this is an interest for me and was done for my own bikes benefit) The moulds I'll obviously save.

I'm keeping two for myself. so there will be 8 available.  

Price has until recently been very hard to calculate. The price will be £525 + postage  

Believe me when I say this isn't covering my costs - it was done as a project, it was never for financial reasons.

Thanks, Joe

All beautiful things are like this...

Franck.

There will always be a slight crease there (there is on my original one & I presume on others if you look closly)

If you look at my original one you will see a crease in the exact same place.

This is due to where the baffles are welded to the face of the silencer.

Some have those crease's, others don't. I wasn't aware that the baffles were welded inside (had a look with my foc) I thought they were held in place with the spot welds on the back only.

There welded to the face side from the inside - then spot welds on the back to hold it. They all must be as there would be no way of holding the baffles in while you welded them together.

I also don't think they would hold just been just spot welded to the back.

They were all hand made though so each one will be slightly different to the next one - I think they were made in a similar way to which I'm doing them 

Edited by joelewis

Telford

Been thinking the last few days and I'm hoping to be there. Some friends are staying at b+b near with a spare bed so I'll stay Friday night then I'll be at Telford Saturday morning only - latest 1pm. I need to get back to the workshop for 4pm (3 + hour drive for me)

So if you would like to see the silencer if you could PM me and I'll send you my mobile number or vice versa and we'll sort something out.

Joe

• Like 1

Nearly done, goes to be anodised on Thursday.

The crease which is behind your leg when its on the bike isn't right. its a mistake on our part, the others will have a crease there (they have to have) but it won't be as messy as that. Obviously this first one has been abit of a learning curve so you have to expect imperfections to a degree. 

copy%20rtl_zpsouxkq6i5.jpg

copy%20rtl%202_zpsmflvx7ny.jpg

copy%20rtl%201_zpspwiqkqya.jpg

copy%20rtl%203_zpsa5jt5pxu.jpg

• Like 3

As a machinist and metal worker I must say beautiful work!

As a preservationist I have to ask will there be any markings on these to distinguish them as reproductions? 

Again beautiful work and a great service to those with RTL's.

Hello,

The only bit that you can tell the difference is the sleeve where the silencer fits over the centre section. The slits in mine are square cut - the originals are rounded. Once the metal clamp is over this will be invisible to see.

That is the only difference.

Thank you.

• Like 1