Sherco 125 2005

elusivemite

had her about 6 weeks now and sure il have a lot of questions as I go on.

I'm pretty sure she's a 2005 but the previous owner wasn't too sure.. New to bike mechanics so a learning curve to climb this year.

Stripped the rear shock and linkages yesterday and caught them just in time. Dog bones bearings were close to seizing.freed them up cleaned and repacked with grease and the back end feels like a new bike.

now it's time to turn my attention to the front shock.shock . not sure who made them and can't find a service manual for then. Seems to be working well and no leaks but sags quite a lot with my 85kg..

not sure how best to proceed. Going to change the oil next. What oil do people recommend?. Is it worth putting spring spacers in or should I just look at stronger springs.

I try and add some pictures in the next post

cheers guys.

• Like 1

Photos definitely show it to be a 05 model

Forks are made by paioli & to work on are the same as in the pinned manual at the top of the page

Haven't looked at the parts list but the 125 may have softer springs than the bigger bikes, I've had my Jarvis from new & weigh more than you but don't have issues with the front being soft

Hi Tony . Thanks for the replie . Nice to know it's an 05 for DefInite

I've got a strip down guide for these but from an 03 and different decals.that threw me. After checking the part list they seem to be identical.:) that's going to be helpful At some point.

The forks seem to function as they should damping and rebound but a little slow if that makes sense. with me on the bike normal riding position I had at least 3" of travel below the seals.(can't remember exact figures) Would this be considered normal. (Don't have much experience)

Judging by the condition of the rear linkages I doubt the forks have had an oil change in some time. A job for this week.

I balanced on the bike when my daughter was home from school & measured between the lower yoke & seal, came out to approximately 125mm/5 inches, daughter jumped on & it was 150mm/6 inches, really made me feel heavy 

I'd be interested to know what your measurement is with the front wheel off the ground

I'll try to get the spacer out of 1 fork tomorrow & measure it's length for you

Edited by tony27
  • Like 1

I'm guessing those figures are the other way around. :)

looks like I nudged the cable tie when I measured last time around as there's a fair discrepancy..

from seal to bottom yoke no weight 184mm

static sag 160mm

Race sag 129mm to bottom yoke

24mm static

55Mm race

don't go stripping anything down on my account boss. measuring mishap made it look worse. oil change and re measure Before I worry about anything else.

Thanks for the measurements though it's nice to have a comparison.