Bsa Front Spindle

jon v8

Bit of a long shot really, I'm in the process of making a Bantam from wheel fit into a pair of 4 bolt BSA forks. The spindle diameter is too small for the forks, I was wondering if anyone could tell me the bearing sizes and brake plate nut thread for a spindle that used the 4 bolt forks ?

post-3125-0-10960400-1437935861_thumb.jpg

No Andy ! :hyper: Never ... I should have said Cub hub. The bike is a C15 engine in an OIF Victor type scrambler frame that was apparently modded at the factory for trials use.Its a lovely bit of kit,in good shape,but came to me with C15 forks - too short.Rather than go the 35mm route, I'm trying to keep it sort of period with the 4 bolt forks and the Bantam/Cub hub it came with.Even the wheel spindle was made of titanium.

Plan is to get it up and running and use it to ride a few club trials to give my AJS a breather.Also to see if I can find out a bit more about it.

Front Cub hub bearings are 6202 one side, 6203 the other.

Rear hub uses 6203 both sides

For original unmodified Triumph hubs

Why are the shocks on upside down?

Edited by gii

Hi Guy's.

Hi Jon.

Just look on the "Otter" site.

Good luck with the bike though.

Are you running it on ASPEN fuel??

Sorted three concentric"s out today, that had been on pump fuel. All had pilot jets blocked including "Bessie".

I even had to snip my guitar strings to help solve the problem and that was a sacrifice but all in a good cause.

Story on you know what.

Regards Charlie.

• Like 1

Gii, I have those bearings in a couple of old Cub hubs, what I'm after is the bearing sizes that stuff like B50's and Triumph twins that used the 4 bolts  had. I'd not noticed that the shocks are upside down,had a look this morning. Its because they are those horrible Betor's - the LH one wouldnt fit the right way up as it would foul on the brake arm. Not had a chance to have a good look over the bike yet,I only rode it around the yard for 5 mins with the old C15 forks on it,then stripped the front off ready to fit the 4 bolt forks.I'll probably fit some Falcons on it once I get the front end sorted out.

Charlie, yes it will be fed Aspen fuel !  (I like the woodburner aroma form it...)

Had a quick look on your excellent site while eating me brekkie,but I couldnt see anything about Cub hubs onto 4 bolt forks.

Hi Guy's.

Hi Jon.

Look I know it is on there somewhere.  ( Jon I have now updated the Triumph BSA four-stud fork page with the information you will need OK.)

But I am just about to update the four stud fork page, so I will take some pictures (Now Done) and put it onto that with measurements later . 

Also a page on sorting out the etho-fuel  damaged Concentric Carbs. Cant believe the trouble it causes.

Regards Charlie.

Edited by charlie prescott