Tr34 Piston & Rings

jimg

I am looking for a piston and ring for a 1988 TR34 (260cc).  The previous owner seized it or "locked it up" and I had a very difficult time removing the piston.  I have exhausted my internet search efforts and have no leads or resources.  If anyone knows where these parts can be found, please reply.  Thank you. 

Edited by jimg

Not good news...don't want to see the bike become a parts bike as the rest of it is in good condition.  Can anybody else offer some leads where a piston & ring can be found?  Thanks. 

post-4693-0-90917200-1439303083_thumb.jpg

Edited by jimg

Buying a ring only might be difficult ....but not impossible

I have to cope with this problem with Merlin , Mecatecno and Alfer . Often there is a piston that will fit ie RM 400 piston fits Mecatecno trial

You should measure the piston dimensions . The important dimensions are the skirt diameter and the crown height ( from top of pin to top of piston). Everything else can be adjusted.

Do some google searches based upon the bore size only and you might be surprised what turns up. Its worked for me . Remember also to translate you google searches and use google.it as the .com or .co.uk wont pull up the local stuff.

Good luck.

Edited by gasgas249uk

The custom made piston is of course expensive then a bought serial nut not so much. There can be more difficulties and even costlier.

When the bike is a good runner, brakes are OK, so suspension and of course all other engine components and the ignition. Get a new one, they cone too with piston pin, rings ... (just my 2 cent opinion)