First Trial

st3v3

So sunday i'm going to enter my first trial plan is to get there early for a good look around (and a good parking space)

any advice as what I should chuck in my truck to take with me will be appreciated

For bike: spare petrol (5 litre can), selection of tools you need to do minor adjustments including doing rear wheel spindle nut if you need to do a chain adjustment during the trial: allen keys, screwdrivers, spanners, pliers, plug spanner. Spare plug. Some plastic ties. Rubber bands cut from an old inner tube. Duct tape. Chain lube. Pressure gauge and pump. Lightweight stand if you have one (I use a stool) to plonk bike onto when doing chain adjustment etc. 

For you: all of your trials clobber and a change of clothes, towel to rub down after trial, bin bag to put mucky clothes in. Sufficient to eat and drink (you'll be thirsty when you finish). Good idea to have a first aid kit in the truck, to help someone else if not yourself.

As a general piece of advice, don't spend too long looking at the sections, keep up with the general pace of riders circulating round the course. As a beginner you don't want to end up at the back of the field with little leeway for extricating yourself from any difficult positions or sorting any bike issues.

Enjoy!

Edited by cleanorbust
  • Like 3

Are you going to Earl Shilton by any chance, i see your a member, if it is then your welcome to join us, if you do forget to take something chances are we will have it, except food and clothes, there's also a burger van their at most of the meetings. The most important thing is have a great day, don't be disappointed in your score, use it as goal, just try to beat it in the next trial you do. 

• Like 2

Earl Shilton is a great club and well attended, I think they'll have four routes on the day and there will be as mentioned above lots of people to help out and give advise. I always like to get to an event early so there's no rushing about and if possible prep the bike before arriving so there's' no surprises on the morning. Best of luck, take your time and don't be afraid to ask anyone about what gear to use or lines through the sections. PS the burger van is the dogs danglies

• Like 1

toetoe yes its earl shilton and the plan is to enjoy myself probably fall a dozen or so times but I'm not bothered about that just out for some fun, so unless I bust something major today while out practising i'll see you sunday

elk we can fall together lol

the burger van isn't going to be there so need to take some food.

Edited by st3v3