Spanish Inquisition?

micm

I found a recent online survey of Spanish trials enthusiasts who had been asked (I think) ‘What make of bike would you buy at this moment?’ With just over 700 replies the result is shown below. Add a pinch of Spanish salt.

Montesa 23%

TRS 22%

Beta 16%

Sherco 11%

Vertigo 10%

Gas Gas 6%

Scorpa 6%

JotaGas 4%

Ossa 1.5%

Other? 0,5%

Well done Jordi Tarrés and gang if this translates into sales. The new Montesas are admired too.

My conclusions from this poll? Keep them conventional. Either make the bike very light or beautifully made. And try not to put things like fuel tanks (or rear shocks) in funny places?

• Like 1

In the last year our club  had one 2014 Montesa , one 2015 Montesa and I know of one 2016 on order. The 2014 Montesa was the first official Honda trials bike for sale in the USA since 1976. The poll might be wrong!

Edited by lineaway

Surprised if there's 700 Spaniards that can afford a new split link at the moment!

Anyway,wasn't it a company like Montesa/Honda that tried to get us all on 4 strokes thus undermining the whole industry?

Must be mistaken.

• Like 2

But Honda conspired with the FIM to have the minimum weight raised so they can be competitive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you know this?

The WTC Montesa/Honda was competitive long before the minimum 70Kg weight limit. I think they have won 14 of the last 16 world championships both 2 stroke & 4 stroke. A result of having the biggest budget.

• Like 1

Anyway,wasn't it a company like Montesa/Honda that tried to get us all on 4 strokes thus undermining the whole industry?

Must be mistaken.

But Honda conspired with the FIM to have the minimum weight raised so they can be competitive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as  there's no solid evidence for these conspiracy theories, they should be treated just like the chemtrail nonsense, with scepticisme.

How do you know this?

The WTC Montesa/Honda was competitive long before the minimum 70Kg weight limit. I think they have won 14 of the last 16 world championships both 2 stroke and 4 stroke. A result of having the biggest budget.

But the standard bike was heavy, increase the weight limit increase sales?

HRC could build a 60kg bike no problem so I don't know where your grassy knoll theory comes from.

• Like 1