fantic tom

please check in the rear of the bottle:

if you see Jaso MB isn't good for your Fantic

if you see Jaso MA this is ok

Hi Alberto I can't see either of those

really ?

usualy Jaso Ma is a motcycle oil and Jaso Mb is for car oil

Jaso Mb contains adictive that are not compatible with wet clutch

i see now the Castrol web site ...... it's an automotive oil, in my opinion not good for wet clutch

I've been using the same Castrol 5W-30 in my Fantic 240 for near two years since I fitted a new clutch and haven't had any problems despite riding most weeks. I've also used it in my 125 Pro and 309 air cooled mono. 

Castrol may well state it's not suitable due to some additives but whatever is in it nothing causes issues as far as I've found. 

• Like 1

I've been using the same Castrol 5W-30 in my Fantic 240 for near two years since I fitted a new clutch and haven't had any problems despite riding most weeks. I've also used it in my 125 Pro and 309 air cooled mono.

Castrol may well state it's not suitable due to some additives but whatever is in it nothing causes issues as far as I've found.

Thanks I'll use it then. Is that the filler hole with the breather pipe? How much oil will it take to fill it to correct level?

Thank you!

Yep unscrew the breather and fill it from there. Stand the bike up on level ground. There's a level hole with a screw to remove or handy window if you have a later bike.

Superb thaught I'd better check first thanks for all your help fantic240motor just waiting for mudguard and fork seals to land then I'll get it back together thanks again.