2016 Montesa Rr 300

montesarepsol777

Dealers posing as punters on here in order to tout their wares free of charge because they somehow believe it's okay to take advantage of the time, effort and expense it takes to provide this site ALWAYS get caught out...

I understand.

Thanks for the explanation

Tyre width on the 300rr is said to be 4.75 wide on the 4rt 4 inches wide.Is this just the tyre or is the wheel bigger as well.

The old Michelin is a 4.00 tire. The new Dunlop`s are 120/18, the old Dunlop`s are 4.00x 18. The conversion between the two can be off, it`s still a 4 inch tire, just the metric size in a new tire.

H&D Racing already seem to have a 300RR Ready for a customer:

https://www.facebook.com/474777832610019/photos/pcb.962206493867148/962206097200521/?type=3&theater

We have only supplied the parts for this build. The bike came from Craig's and the customer has done all the work on it and has made a reet good job :marky:  

• Like 2

I stand corrected :icon_salut::)

Sorry Guys, no correction needed on your part, and your link was much appreciated.

It was just 'suggested' to us that we should say who had done the work and where the bike came from!

I thank you ;)

Edited by marky boy
  • Like 1

The old Michelin is a 4.00 tire. The new Dunlop`s are 120/18, the old Dunlop`s are 4.00x 18. The conversion between the two can be off, it`s still a 4 inch tire, just the metric size in a new tire.

A 120 tyre does not equate to a 4 inch tyre, check it out on tyre supplies conversion tables.  In MX a 120 or 130 equates to a 5 inch and a 4 inch equates to a 100

Tire sizes are never very true, they can be plus or minus 10 % between brands. Kawasaki started messing with sizing when they came out with a 4.10 tire measured across the radius. It was still a 3.50 tire but made the specs look better. Just like a 5.10 tire equals a 4.50. The conversion tables are off due to many sizing differences plus the 10 % rule. Those sizing charts are for the buying public.

• 2 weeks later...

Trials is odd isn't it. Any other type of newly released motorcycle, road or off-road, would have been given to the press to test and review before being released for sale to the public.

If you google "Montesa 300 rr", other than this page, you just get nothing more worthwhile than a few Honda press releases.

And to compound this, you can't just pop down to your local Honda dealer and take one for a test ride. I doubt there is anywhere in the UK offering test rides on one.

• Like 1

No test ride needed, they've said the magic words! LIGHTER and more POWERFUL!

Honda know that's all they need to tell us trials lot and we'll be selling our kidneys on eBay to have one in the garage!

I ain't had many bids yet!

• Like 1