2016 Montesa Rr 300

montesarepsol777

Same with dirt bikes though isn't it? They may let you have a road spin on a KTM, but what's the point in that? Taking a Mont for a ride around town while standing on the pegs would look a little silly I suspect. I'm glad I bought mine on a whim because if I'd have test ridden it for 20 mins I would have hated it. After a few hours though I absolutely loved it and wouldn't want to be without it now as it's such a laugh. Not sure I felt the same about the KTM (great bike though).

Trials is odd isn't it. Any other type of newly released motorcycle, road or off-road, would have been given to the press to test and review before being released for sale to the public.

If you google "Montesa 300 rr", other than this page, you just get nothing more worthwhile than a few Honda press releases.

And to compound this, you can't just pop down to your local Honda dealer and take one for a test ride. I doubt there is anywhere in the UK offering test rides on one.

Your not wrong,lots of new pictures tests reviews,but not with trials bikes,oh no

Trials is odd isn't it. Any other type of newly released motorcycle, road or off-road, would have been given to the press to test and review before being released for sale to the public.

If you google "Montesa 300 rr", other than this page, you just get nothing more worthwhile than a few Honda press releases.

And to compound this, you can't just pop down to your local Honda dealer and take one for a test ride. I doubt there is anywhere in the UK offering test rides on one.

Yes, but let us all be honest.

When was the last time that you read a trials bike test and thought.." wow yes, that was a real and proper test and they really went through that bike and highlighted all the pros and cons of it" ""

Or most likely, is it fact that the last 250 tests that you ever read about all makes and models say that " this bike this year is now the best ever, and much improved over last years model that was not that great at all"

Even though we said it was great last year...!!!

Go figure on how much you would much trust you would place on a test in the media....

You will prob get a more open and honest test here as not many on here are on a tip ;-)

Anyway, the new 300rr is the best bike ever, and i say so  :madnoel:

• Like 5

Dad of two    

You wrote: "I would be very reluctant to buy a Montesa in the UK because of the prices. They are much cheaper in US and parts of Europe."

What do you base that statement on?   Doing a simple USD or Euro conversation to pounds sterling tells you nothing.

​The true comparison is taking the respective countries price on the bike as percentage of your take home pay per year etc.

The real question is how (percentage) much of your yearly salary does it take to buy the bike in the respective country you live work and get paid?

​The out the door price over here in the USA for the 300RR approximately $12K 

As a wild ass example.  The average salary over here is $60K USD so the 300 RR Montesa is approximately 20% of person yearly salary.

Edited by billyt

Boring it may be, but if the tyre really was a 120 it would not be permitted in ACU trials where 115 is the limit. Quite why a manufacturer mis labels a tyre is beyond me and in many ways just stupid and confusing. Unfortunately this is not new for Dunlop. Several years ago I bought a Dunlop front tyre for my 1100cc road bike. Despite the sizes stated on the sidewall being correct it was actually larger diameter than the Bridgesone and rubbed away the bottom of the front mudguard. The Dunlop tyre also suffered cracked sidewalls prematurely.

The dealer who sold me the tyre gave me a 70% refund out of his own pocket. I now only use Bridgesone and Metzeler.

To get back on topic, I would be very reluctant to buy a Montesa in the UK because of the prices. They are much cheaper in US and parts of Europe. This is often case in UK and the man reason my road bike is a grey (Belgian) import.

You do go on, even at Christmas

• Like 3

You do go on, even at Christmas

And why not go on? There is no reason at all why manufacturers should not make and label tyres and rims accurately. Its not just motorbike tyres that are mislabelled and if you look back on this forum there are quite a few posts about tyre / rim mismatches.

I have come across MTB tyres that are bigger than their stated size and the side knobbles have to be ground off to clear the rear fork or chain. Some supposedly matching cycle tyres and rims don't, the tyre can actually come off at high speed.

Car tyres 225/65 R16, Pirelli, Nexen and Kuhmo are about the same size but fit a Nankang (an otherwise very good tyre) and it fouls the wheelarch on near full lock.

Mont prices. Average wage in Uk is reckoned to be about £25k so a RR at £8k is about 30% of average earnings. That is  not really my point however. Why should a RT260 cost £5,400 in Kent (UK) yet only a few miles away in Belgium be £4,800?

Billyt how do you get the price to about $12k, I would have thought it would have been about $10,300 + %5 sales tax (0 in some states)? Its a few years since I have been to the states and when I did the exchange rate was generally about $1.5 to £1. Notably some Suzuki motorcycles and Ford cars were about the same OTR price in Dollar and GBP meaning UK buyers were paying about half as much again as their US buyers.

A 300RR is $10K.  Add dealers set up, tax, freight, title registration, etc and you are at $12K very quickly.

And when you buy a bike in the EU don't you pay import tax/duties when you get it back to the UK & register it?

Enough chat !

Who's bought one and what's your views on the 300RR ?

Well said. Why owners aren't posting videos is beyond me. It's not showing off, well I don't think so, it's a public service.... or at least it would be. No one will BOO if you're not BOU Edited by chrisa
  • Like 2

Starting to think no one has bought one. I want to see and hear what you think of the bike. Also what level of riders you are. Im a real ugly expert rider meaning I only win if no one else is riding against me  :hyper:

My little 06 monty has been good to me and still runs great even though shes not been garage kept and has lived its life outdoors in the elements 

Im wanting a new bike and like the idea of the 300 RR 

lets see some and hear from you guys