The Boys Have Had A Tidy Up!

maggar

Me and a mate had previously restored one Fantic 200 which I bought as a bit of a basket case; we finished that one earlier this year. Well, I have now completed a "tidy up" of my original 200 which was much better than the other to start with but had suffered a few seasons of abuse and looked ready for some tlc.

I've gone for the white frame look which I know divides opinion but I like it and, in any case, it can always go back to red later.

My original 200 (now with the all silver head and barrel) was mechanically sound and the only changes were to lower the pegs an inch and move them back an inch.I also had to do a bit of plastic welding on the airbox lugs and case.

The other one needed a new carb (Oko) and a swing arm spindle fabricating as well as the same alteration to the peg hangers, this also necessitated moved the side stand mount a bit further back on both bikes. I sourced all the bushes, rubbers etc. on the bikes from Bill Pye (thanks Bill).

I kept the Rock Shocks on my "good" bike but cleaned them up and powder coated the springs, whilst the other bike was treated to some NJB's.

I think one of them will hibernate now under a dust sheet until the values go mad and the other will be my main twinshock ride.

IMG_2590%202_zpso0sowvba.jpg

IMG_2591%202_zpsy7uy2x0p.jpg

IMG_2592%202_zps1khuperk.jpgIMG_2589_zpsp4qmprx7.jpg

IMG_2588_zpsqa1us65d.jpg

IMG_2593%202_zpshvt2nwuz.jpg

Edited by maggar
  • Like 5