Climber 280 Foral Usd Fork Parts

racehunter

Hi all,

I stripped down the forks of a 1993 Climber I am restoring to find a problem.  As I have been unable to find any parts listing that shows the broken bit, I thought I should ask here.  I have attached a photo for clarity.  Also if anyone has any written (as in workshop info) relating to Foral forks, as fitted to Climbers until the last version in 1994, when Marzocchi's were used, I would be very grateful.

Steve

post-19909-0-05605800-1440598182_thumb.jpg

Edited by racehunter

Thanks. I have been in touch with Mike over other Climber issues and agree, he is a great source of info etc. He actually has a new damper leg, but with shipping its a big cost for what is a small problem. It might be that I either get it welded and cut a new thread or turn up a new one out of barstock.

I know the question has been asked over the years, but sight of, or a copy of a workshop manual would be nice.

Steve

• 2 months later...

A quick update!

Well, I thought I had a great answer to the problem as I bought another set of second hand legs online. These had badly pitted chrome, but the idea was to strip them out and use the aluminium adjuster rod in my forks. Trouble was that these legs did not have any visible 'clicker' screw in the top cap and when pulled apart, the damper cartridge was totally different. Not a good buy methinks.

So, that left me with no option but to make a new threaded adjuster for the original forks and rebuild, which I have now done and apart from a problem getting dust seals that actually fit into the aluminium outer housing, alls well. I have become pretty intimate with this version of the Foral forks during the time, but hope they don't have to come apart again for a while!

Edited by racehunter