Oset 24.0 Update

sammyd173

I signed up for newsletter updates on the Oset site.

The 24 looks great but I'm having a hard time figuring out the size compared a full-sized bike. I suppose 24 means 24" wheels? Although it looks like the rear is running a full size trials tire.

"The OSET 24.0 development program is gaining pace. We are waiting on several important test parts to take the project closer to production, but currently have four test bikes being used by a variety of riders in a variety of situations. Reaction to the bikes has been universally positive, with the performance continuing to surprise and amaze! The 24.0 will be an important addition to the range and introduce a whole new set of riders to the OSET brand. Existing OSET owners will also have a bigger bike to look forward as they outgrow their OSET 20.0s!"

Ian Smith, founder and CEO of OSET Bikes

VIDEO OF THE BIKE IN ACTION

c1fc9b217c995f61050ca7896cd59f21.png

Oliver Smith recently rode the 24.0 at the first Three Counties OSET Cup, hosted by East Anglia Trials Club, look out for him in the video above!

PHOTOS OF THE BIKE WITH
OUR TEST RIDERS

50296e41-2491-49f3-bbdf-7ebecc8b4d77.jpg

i saw a girl at a south east centre round this month riding one , was a fairly big loop and think the bike got round the whole trial ok. looked good and significantly bigger than the 20 - and alot bigger rear tyre.  its not 24 inch wheels!!  think its frame size

24" inch wheels with a 3" tyre are about the same size ( diameter ) as a full size trials bike rear wheel and a 2" tyre on a 24" wheel is the same diameter as a front full size trials bike wheel  ,, well pretty close.

by using 24" bicycle wheels and tyres makes the whole bike lighter so makes it easier on the motor/controller and batteries, and also helps keep the price down.. the wheel size is comparable to a full size bike but the wheel base looks slightly smaller than a full size bike

I've had a sit on one that young Dominic Horne rides. Apart from suspension settings (I'm 6ft 3, 14 stone, compared to his 4 stone ish!) it felt like I could have comfortably ridden it in sections. Dom rides it well, seen it zip up quite a steep climb (which my old boy on a TYZ struggled with - technique...). And apparently it will be fitted with a more powerful motor than the prototype has. It all looks proper too, neat finish & components. Think this will bridge the gap for youngsters to full size bikes. Will they ever have to use a clutch?!