Transmission Woes Again?

lineaway

My son goes for a quick ride in the front yard, endos over the bars, throws the chain and breaks the bike! All this evening and we have a two day event coming up next weekend. The chain wrapped twice around the front sprocket. Removed the shifter and sprocket and all is good? Not. Now a knock from the motor. Ten minutes later, I`m looking at the top hat and all is good which means I have to split the cases in the morning, so much for the 5 other bikes I planned of working on!  I`m hoping it`s just the shift shaft or next weekend will be our first missed event this year. :crying:  :wall:  :beer:  Till tomorrow. :guinness:

My son goes for a quick ride in the front yard, endos over the bars, throws the chain and breaks the bike! All this evening and we have a two day event coming up next weekend. The chain wrapped twice around the front sprocket. Removed the shifter and sprocket and all is good? Not. Now a knock from the motor. Ten minutes later, I`m looking at the top hat and all is good which means I have to split the cases in the morning, so much for the 5 other bikes I planned of working on!  I`m hoping it`s just the shift shaft or next weekend will be our first missed event this year. :crying:  :wall:  :beer:  Till tomorrow. :guinness:

Had on shifter shaft broken from a chain brake, but that was obviously seeable damage from the outside. Let us know what you find

Does the knock go away with the clutch pulled in?You hopefully haven't damaged the gearbox but you may have chipped the kickstart gear when you started it and a piece is stuck to a gear somewhere in the clutch case.,which makes a knock out of proportion to its size .Worth a look before you go any further,you're going to have that case off anyway

Normally I might blame the Pro motor, but a double wrap around the countershaft sprocket, binding both the main shaft and the shift shaft could break any brand of  bike.  For some unknown reason my son  has caused more damage in our yard than anywhere else. Plan to two day the parts in the morning, which gives me Wednesday night and Thursday night to make it a runner again for next weekend. 

• Like 1

Parts ordered and will be here Wednesday. Gotta love the American importer as he has always had everything in stock unless the factory was behind. By the way he will be the new TRS importer. Now if everything goes smooth, the bike will run like nothing happened. Ended up with a five day weekend to get my boy to the event. Helps that I work with five other trials riders! :banana:

• Like 1