Guy Fawkes

wallo

• 1 month later...

Been on Twitter, have asked Alexz Wigg, Dougie Lampkin, Steve Saunders, Emma Bristow and Becky Cook, let's see if they're up for it.....

Hi wallo,

Since the trial is exclusively for classic bikes I suspect that your efforts may be greeted by a deep silence..................

I'll instruct my minder to get ours in,that will make 29... If anyone is thinking about doing this trial - get on and enter, its a darn good trial,nothing stupid,excellent banter and beautiful scenery. :thumbup:

Hi John,

With a little bit of luck our latest photographic recruit will be at the Guy Fawkes, in the hope that we can make a serious feature of the event.  It may well have changed a little since I was last involved, so if you can point me towards any locations used recently, I will pass on the details.

Best if you drop the details to me on an email, 'cos there are perpetual problems with unattached trail riders and the like, using the sections illegally, so I wouldn't want to publicly issue 'invitations'...........

Cheers

Deryk

(offroadrevue@gmail.com)

Hi wallo,

Since the trial is exclusively for classic bikes I suspect that your efforts may be greeted by a deep silence..................

You have to keep believing Deryk, and Steve Saunders has got back to me, so let's see. You might be able to get a picture of him on his Scottish winning Triumph .............

So are we on ? Need to know if I need to scrape some dirt off the Ajay and oil the chain...

Deryk, I think many of the sections like Weighbridge and Knapp will be as before, Mossy tends not to let too much on before the start...

Hi John,

They have a constant problem with green-laners who don't know the rules - Adrian has permission to use a lot of private tracks to join some of the course, particularly on Bathurst land, that could be ruined with thoughtless use by 'others' - we always had careful back markers removing any trace of where we had been, as well as blocking some of the entrances, as agreed with the landowners.

That is a shame Deryk,but I do understand. Land permission is still our biggest problem, Defra quietly denying access all over the country with nobody saying much,all topped off with mindless idiots who couldnt care less.... 

• Like 1

Hi jon v8 et al,

There will be a comprehensive Photoreport of the 2015 Guy Fawkes by Western Classic in ORRe-32 which is currently in the pre-press stages and due to go on line later this month - and I do mean comprehensive, as much detail of the bikes from both sides, etc., all to the usual standard.

The dates problems discussed earlier in this post are always complicated by there being so many sets of 'controlling' authorities to satisfy, in the A-CU many centres won't accept the fact that competing activity in neighbouring areas is any reason to change a date, then add the AMCA/BMCA complications - and that's before DEFRA add their pennorth'....................

• Like 2

Hi,

I can now confirm there will be a comprehensive Photoreport of the Guy Fawkes trial in ORRe-32 which be on-line in the next couple of weeks.

Enjoy - if you like full page photographs from each side of the bike wherever possible............

BREAKING NEWS  -  ORRe-32 is now live on-line, enjoy

Edited by laird387