How Far?

sean65

I think the furthest we usually had to ride was a fifty or so mile round trip to local events (with a GTX can full of petrol hanging from the trials jacket belt). Wouldn't like to get caught doing that now.

Then there was the trial on top of that which might have been twenty miles perlap on a longer one.

I would ride to trials up to 40 miles plus a trial any thing up to100miles Plus use the bike all week to work  Even went on holiday to the Isle of Man Rode to the ferry and back  Used as transport all week with an evening trial thrown in The Bulto (M49) had all ready done two SSDT's by previous owners and was quick on the road (70plus) My current trials bike is slower ( on tarmac) than my 175 Bulto  

• 1 month later...

An 80 mile loop on a trials bike John? Wow. Mosrtly standing?

You sit down where you can, but alot of it was up on the pegs... Just got back from the Western Classic MCC Guy Fawkes,only about 30 miles around,but mostly off road.Now feeling very tired and aching.

That sounds great. I must see if they do a local one or at least something similar. Are they open to Enduros or just trials? I now have my bike road registered which is great and should allow me a degree. of flexibility.