A Few Basic Questions About My 290 Help!

jkd

It is just a vent, does not connect to anything. Back to the air filter oil. If you live in the UK (wet) you can get by with a spray. If you live in a very dusty climate the bottle of oil is best. Actually foam filter oil can be too thick for a trials bike, but in a dirty climate the whole filter must be oiled. 

Ok great, I'll get it replaced before I ride, I'm glad I asked! The previous filter was covered in thick oozy red gloop and really clogged with dust and dirt. I taken it off and washed in swarfega.

Out of interest, where/ what are the head bearings that you refer to?

Cheers for all your help by the way people.

Sorry I should have been slightly more specific.  Stearing Head Bearings, just under the handlebars where the front end does the turning.

As far as the filter oil, I use some PJ1 Foam Filter cleaner and after rinsing and drying coat it with PJ1 spray filter oil.  I think the propellant is CO2 because it makes the filter really cold and stiff, the key here is to gently squeeze out the excess oil and your hands will warm it up to where the filter is pliable again.